Saturday 18 October 2008

the benefits of blog addiction

I love reading blogs especially from people who are in a similar situation.

2 posts in particular have really helped me today.

Firstly reading lose to gain's post really pleased me that someone else is working as hard as we are to understand our food issues. this week the forum has been getting to both me and kel - people posting 'oh no i accidently ate a big mac i hope i still lose this week, i'll restart tomorrow'. i might come across as being callous but these posts annoy me - i'm trying so hard and its not like i dont slip up but these posts give me the impression that people think this is just another diet. Its not! well it isnt for me. like i've said before for me this is rehab - thats a seriously big deal lol Its like someone in the Priory and working really hard all day to understand their coke addiction and prepare for the outside and someone else saying 'oops i just popped out and had a line - hope it doesnt send me back out of control' - you could surely understand why that would upset a few people! I might sound completely over dramatic but I dont really care! My food problem is life and death there's no under dramatising it anymore.

rant over! the other blog thats really helped me to day was the Lard Arms' post about how powerful feelings are when you dont have the anaesthetic of food. this is the comment i wrote (wow copy and paste is really lazing blogging lol)
Its so hard learning to deal with 'stuff' when you are so used to numbing pain with the soothing effect of food. All week i've been searching for a technique to you use to deal with my problems rather than using food like i did before. And you have said 'And since I am not eating the feelings away, I am really feeling the feelings!' and maybe thats the answer i need - that there is no technique - you have to just 'feel the feelings'. Maybe acknowledging them and really feeling them will help them to quieten down? Sorry for the waffle but i think you might have really helped me lol if i can just sort out the jumble in my head!

1 comment:

Claire said...

You know those posts annoy me too but when thinking about it I feel kind of sad. The one criticism I have of the CD is that it doesn't teach you to eat healthy. Getting into the mindset of 'sinning' and 'can you get away with it' isn't going to help long term is it?

I'm not saying I have the answer but I'm looking!